Earth Day 2015
Beautiful, right? This was taken in Ballard, Washington. But, out in what is known as the North Pacific Gyre there is a heap of trash (consisting mostly of plastic) that some studies report is around TWICE the size of the United States. That’s crazy, overwhelming. So, this Earth Day I am taking the Oceana Pledge:
I pledge not to trash the oceans by:
1. Using a reusable tote or other bag at the grocery store
2. Drinking water out of glass or other non-plastic container
3. Recycling plastics whenever possible
4. Never littering and always disposing of trash properly
5. Encouraging my friends and family to reduce their plastics consumption
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Most of these things I do already, but signing the pledge helps me be more accountable when I get lazy and don’t want to go back to my car to get my reusable tote.
You can sign the pledge here and brag to your friends about how you are saving your planet more than Han Solo*. You can also go one extra step today and dispose of a piece of litter, properly, that you find in your neighborhood. Take a pic of your effort and tag @ChikFood on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with #EarthDay2015 to really make your friends jealous. Let’s keep it clean for this generation (Because, clearly the cleanliness of her pants are of no concern.):
*Let’s discuss: “Chewy, we’re home.”??? 1970’s child = mind explosion. No more planes, Harrison.